Monday, February 1, 2010

New Movie Mayhem



Movies...
I have finally figured out a New Years resolution that I don't mind actually keeping,  I'm going to try and watch at least one new movie a week.  I noticed lately that my "movies to see" list is getting a little lengthy, and I'm determined that I should try and do this movie a week approach.

WARNING:  This blog contains spoilers to most of the movies!

This last weekend, I knocked out three movies that I've been wanting to see, and for the most part was happy with their out comes.  The first movie I saw, this weekend, was Whip It!  Drew Barrymore's director debut was a thumb's up!  Even though I think Ellen Paige might want to start branching out from her stereotypical roles.  But nevertheless the movie had a lot of laughs, a few tears, and some very manly women.

The next movie I saw this weekend, was A Perfect Getaway.  This was a suspenseful thriller kind of movie that I thought looked interested in theaters but, didn't want to spend 9 dollars to actually go to it.  The suspense wasn't as mind racking as I was anticipating it to be. But the twist at the end was stellar. 

And the final installment of my movie extravaganza is 500 Days of Summer.  This movie had such great potential.  I love love love!  Zooey Deschanel but, in this movie she is a raging bitch!  After leading poor Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) on for so long, just to break up with him and then goes off and marries some other dude...not cool Zooey, not cool at all.  Over all though the movie earned a solid B+ in my book.

Like most New Years resolutions I most likely won't be able to actually keep it for a whole year but, I will keep everyone updated of my new movie a week ambitions.

3 comments:

  1. i would love to embark on this adventure with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would very much like a counter part in this journey! The more the merrier

    ReplyDelete